Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Keystone Shout-out ala duex

Due to popular demand, I have decided to write another Keystone Shout-out...

So I was thinking to myself, "hmmmm.." (I told you I always start a thought to myself with 'hmmm...' a very bad habit!). Anyway, so I was thinking who should I write about this time and all of a sudden a bright idea popped into this head of mine...only it turns out it was not a bright idea, yet it was the shining reflection of Jill Hand's white teeth! Dude, seriously...she could totally be in a dental hygiene commercial. She has the biggest, prettiest and whitest teeth I have ever seen. I secretly believe that she smiles so much not because she is so happy all the time, but because she wants to show off her pearlies!! All kidding aside, I love, love, love Jill! I just could not imagine anyone ever having a mean word to say about her...she just has the best heart, and kind spirit. Her husband totally cracks me up too...so funny.

So, of course, I then think about her mother, Susan Robertson. Wow, what a role model! Susan (I have to resist the urge to call her Mrs. Robertson!) When I think of her, all I can think of is the word GRACE. She speaks with grace, carries herself with grace, and just always seems to have it all under control. I just hope she never sees me in Walmart with all of my kids...yeah, needing some grace in those moments!!

Okay, so with the Walmart thought, I HAVE to tell you about when I first met Shelly Vandiver. (She is hysterical...) I was in Walmart with all 4 boys, in the cheese section, Jimmy is screaming (he has this thing about wanting to be held at the worst possible moments!), Aidan is leaning out of the cart somehow sticking his feet into the cheese blocks, and Caleb is swinging a mop  ju-jitsu style at Noah and almost hits this poor elderly lady in the head. I am sweating bullets trying to not to absolutely have a complete freak-out moment (which would have involved child protective services), and I hear a sweet voice say, "Excuse, me...do you go to Keystone Church?" I straighten up, and flip into Carol Brady mode, and somehow try to Stepford-laugh my way out of the next few minutes. But, Shelly loved me anyway. Now THAT is a true friend!! Not to mention Shelly wrote me the sweetest card and email I have ever, ever gotten in my life. She gets what I struggle with... it is amazing the people God puts into our lives! Shelly...we MUST hang out soon!

Speaking of hanging out...I always say I want to get together with Lindsay Arita. But we never do...sigh. But at least I have a texting buddy! Lindsay is a ton-o-fun. Well, not really a ton, I think she only weight about 90 pounds, which is the weight of my right leg! But whatever. I know a little secret about Lins...she can sing, sing, sing! I sat in front of her and Bryon (such a cool way to spell that name, BTW) at a Communion Gathering and she shocked me with her voice! (I can shock people with my voice too...but not in a good way! ha ha) Beautiful.

Have you met my friend, Amanda? She comes Saturday nights, and I normally sit with her in service and subject her to my singing and hand waving. I actually met Amanda at football practice for one of my kiddos. I thought she was WAYYYY too cool to ever be my friend, but I made small chit chat anyway...and then one night she came over and kept me company in the freezing cold as I sat with my kids by myself. We have turned into great friends since! She is so level headed and coooool. Yep...I am friends with the cool crowd. (haha...)

I need to tell you about my friend, Robin Hiscott, but she really deserves her very own post. If you have ever met her, you know what I mean! She has the craziest sense of humor, ever...and a very cool story. She has a special place in my heart.

Oh, I must, must, must mention Amy Bain. Woo-hoo! Sorry...just any time I think of Amy, I mentally shout woo-hoo. Amy has an amazing heart and joy that is unmatchable. i just don't know if I have ever seen her without a huge smile on her face. Plus, she is a little crazy...she dared (repeat: DARED!!) to take Aidan and Jimmy plus her two kiddos to Main Event one night while I was moving. It actually was very very sweet of her. I have such a hard time asking people for help, and during my move I really, desperately needed help! So she offered to help, and I accepted...then felt guilty and nervous so I called her back to tell her never mind...but she insisted! Sh even drove to my house to get the kids! Wow...forever grateful! That was huge for me! It helped so much! Thanks, girl...you rock!

Okay, and I have to end with my dear friend, Mary Coker. I am SO glad to have Mary as my friend! I am here to tell you, I think she is my smartest friend. If I am ever in a mental state where I could not make a decision for myself, I would totally have Mary speak for me! She is genius...and let me tell you, I would NOT mess with her either! She really should have been a lawyer...whew...I sat with her in a meeting when she was not happy with someone, and I got a little nervous for that guy! And, I totally admit, when I have issues at work and I have done all that I can do with whomever I am having issues with...I just go get Mary. She always says the same thing, "Let me talk to them." And the issue is settled promptly. End of story. I love it! I wish I had a lot more of Mary in me! But what makes Mary special is she has the kindest eyes, and the most caring spirit. There have been several times when I have been in a bummed mood and been FINE, but when she asks me if I am okay, I lose it! haha...poor Mary, I know I don't even make sense when I start bawling to her...I get all squeaky voiced and I babble...I may even possibly drool too...I know, that is a horrible image! But I blame Mary. I am really so thankful for her!! (insert cheesy grin here!)


Okay...enough for tonight. Coming soon: Keystone Shout-Out: STAFF Edition. Everything you secretly want to know about what I know about who you want to know about... You know?

3 comments:

martha said...

OMG!!!! OMG!!!! I made it!! I finally made it and now, I can finally relax. I have been dying to be one of the honored and revered on your shout out list and I think I am going to copy that on my blog. Such a great idea.
I have been waiting for you to go back to work so we can hang out sans ninos since we have 7 between us. Yikes. Wednesdays are my mother's day out so pick one and it is lunch date for us!!!

David and Bethany said...

Haha...I met Shelly for the first time in Wal-Mart too! :) She is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Love the shout outs Heather! Keep on typing them!