Sunday, June 15, 2008

YEA!! YIPPEE!!! WHOOO-HOOO!!!

The draught is OVER!  Sandi has finally blogged after like 6 months of NOTHING!!  I know, I know...for you fans of Sandiwalker.blogspot.com, it has been rough, hasn't it?!  Woa is me!  I have had nothing to crack up about...nothing to lift me out of a bummed mood...nothing to relate too!  

So enough about my rantings (Although I DID threaten Sandi with an all-out protest if she did not start blogging soon!): I thought that I would blog about my dear friend.  I know I gave her a shout out a couple of blogs ago, but it really did not do her justice.  So, I came up with a top 10 list!

(Drum roll please...)

10.  I first figured out that Sandi was potential BFF when I first met her at church and she couldn't remember my name so she just called me "D'Amico."  It makes me laugh even thinking about it..."Hey, D'Amico, What's up?" (Can't you just picture it in your head?)

9.  She watches the same infomercials that I do...at 4 am.  The only difference is she actually ordered what I almost did!  

8.  She really is the best mother I have ever met.  When I said before that I aspire to be like her, I was not kidding.  She is amazing!  Her children are so lucky to have her as a mom!

7.  She introduced me to Chipotle...'nuff said.  (never mind that she called Todd in the middle of Target when I told her I had never eaten there, and they had like the 10 minute laugh-fest.)

6.  I was once praying with Sandi...really serious stuff too, and one of the kids did something in the background, and she totally started laughing, and snorted!  YES!  SNORTED during my outpouring of grief to God!  ...this sealed our friendship for life!

5.  So, I know this post is about Sandi...but how could I write about Sandi and not mention what a wonderful husband she has!  Todd is so sweet...they are a perfect match.

4.  When she was pregnant, my poor friend had a problem with her pubic bone...and she showed Eric and I exactly where she hurt in detail!!  I really don't know if I have ever seen Eric walk away from a conversation so fast!

3.  Sandi will tell you that compassion is not one of her spiritual gifts, but I beg to differ.  She cares so much about her friends...she is someone that you can count on to really pray for you when you need it.  She has such a big heart and her faith is amazing.  

2.  Okay, one more story with Eric (these seem to always be the funniest ones!)...once one of my sweet children punched him...well, I will let you guess where!  I (with my 12-year old potty humor) had to run around the corner before totally lost it from laughing so hard.  Sandi walks up and asks why I am laughing so hard, I tell her in between giggles of the event (which I should tell you in detail some time--so, so funny).  She starts laughing really loud (I think a couple of snorts came out then too), and yells over to Todd to come over.  So Todd comes over and he starts laughing...then a few other people join in.  Poor Eric.  He was in pain, and he had no clue that half the Little Campers Volunteers (including his wife, I think!) were huddled together laughing at his misfortune.  Who else better to laugh with than Sandi?!  

1.  People have told me often, that I remind them of Sandi, or we are very much alike.  I take this as such a compliment because I just adore her!  When we hang out, I feel like I am hanging out with my sister or someone I have known my whole life.  I really thank God for Sandi all the time.  

If you have a funny story to share about Sandi, let me know!  I am sure that it will boost her spirits (not that she needs them boost!) to know how much we all think so highly of her...I mean, really, who doesn't love Sandi!?  


  

2 comments:

Sandi said...

You are too sweet my friend. Please don't tell Todd I actually ordered something off an infomercial. His frugile little self couldn't take it.

But I will let you know how my Kymoro body slimming suit works out:)

I think you are pretty awesome yourself!!!

By the way Eric, we have plenty of laughs about you as well. Heather and I are dangerous together.

martha said...

I am in the Love Sandi boat too, although I get scant time with her...she has this way of just making me feel good in my skin, about myself, etc...like life is just better around her. And heck, anybody who can have FOUR girls is like, wow, true diva and exalted status. How DO you DO that????