Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My New Blog Designs...

Just wanted to send a huge thank you and shout-out to my wonderful friend, Amanda, for her work on designing my new blog!  She even designed the title bar.  Don't you just LOVE it!?!?  I do!!  I am so thrilled!

I just thought while I was sending her a shout out, I would share my thoughts about her.  I am in a list mood today, so here we go again with another list!

1.  LOVE her blog.  It is profound, intelligent and filled with hope.  I sat and read her blog for like 12 hours straight.  It was like reading a novel on someone's life...it is AMAZING to see her journeys through life.

2.  I have massive respect for Amanda.  She carried herself with an air of grace that I have never seen out of anyone before.  I have such admiration for her...I really would aspire to be half the woman she is!

3.  What a writer!  What a gift God has given her!

4.  What a mother she is to her children!  

5.  Amanda is so compassionate.  I think she embodies the verse, Corinthians 1:4 to the fullest.  

6.  We are in the same CG, and I had shared a prayer request for one of my children.  OF COURSE when we started praying about it as a group, I got a little sniffly.  We hardly knew each other at this point, and in such a tender way, reached over and held my hand for the rest of the prayer.  Ugggg..the tears well up even as I type and remember that moment!  It was so caring and gentle...a sweet, sweet moment for me.  

7.  I am SO proud to call Amanda my friend.  She is one of those women that I know God has placed in my life for me to aspire to be like...

8.  Seriously, I think she posts the funniest FB comments.  So is so funny.

9.  She has a lot on her plate, but she is always calm and steady.  

10.  She once bought me a starbucks to work.  It was SO kind!  Made my week to know that someone thought of me.  Makes me smile now even thinking about it.  

I really am thankful for my friend, Amanda!!!


4 comments:

Amanda said...

You are so precious! Thank you for your sweet, sweet words. They've absolutely made my day!

As for our friendship, I'm so grateful God brought us together. I'm not sure that you realize just how incredible you are. I am quite blessed to call you my friend.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I linked to you from Amanda's blog and loved reading this ... you're right, she's an amazing woman!

Anonymous said...

Girl your blog looks awesome!! I am just learning to do it all myself. It is addictive!

Holly, Ben, and Reid said...

OK, my M.I.A. blogging friend... I LOVE your new blog design by the wonderful Amanda, but I've been staring at the same post for well over a month now. Do this beautiful blog some justice! =) We demand an update!! We demand an update!!! We demand an update!!! (I'm hoping that my annoying chant will inspire a hilariously brilliant post) =)