Sunday, November 9, 2008

#8

Grace is NOT at all something that I am known for...in fact, I think I would be described as quite the opposite!  

Case in point:  I was coming down the escalator in a mall (during busy Christmas days, of course).  A stroller, 3 and 5-year old are just not a good mix.  I know this...  I warn the boys the closer we get to the bottom to be careful...pay attention...DONT FALL.  So what do I do!?!?  I FALL!  And it was not a normal fall, my friends.  This was the mother of all falls...

...On my back (I have no clue how this even happened!) my legs fly up in the air (I saw my knees, just to let you know how bad it was) and the legs proceed to go OVER my head and touch the ground behind me.  Yes, that is right...just take a moment and get a visual  of the rude position I was in....I didn't know that I was that flexible!  It was so bad, that I think my brain went into slow motion, and I remember thinking, "hmmm...if I just keep with the motion, I can do a backwards somersault and shout 'ta-da' and maybe people will think I meant to do this."  

I really don't remember what happened next, except I guess someone helped my twist out of my craziness, and I think I made an attempt at a joke, but that fell just as flat as I did!  

As I scurry from the mall as fast as I could push the stroller and drag the kids...my precious kindergarten age, Noah says:

"Mommy made 'V' with her legs."




1 comment:

Christian Family said...

Oh my gosh...I am seriously CRYING I am laughing so hard(not at you, but with you)!!!
Mary told me about your blog...and though I don't get to visit a lot...I try to visit every now and then!
Thanks for the laughs!