Sunday, November 9, 2008

#7

I had my husband's  (VERY conservative) Aunt and Uncle over to our house one night.  Of course I was in full-on-stepford mode...making dinner, trying (with every bit of who I am!) to keep the boys clean and clothed. (If you know my boys, you KNOW their desire to strip in the oddest of places and the worst of times.)  

With a pat on the head, I send Noah (5 at the time) off to brush his teeth before bed.  I begin to clear the dinner plates, and I see Noah come running from the bathroom, gagging.  (I feel the on-set of panic...)  I jump over to him to try and attempt to calm him before he frabs in front of everyone.  (Because THAT would be embarassing...as I say with the rolling of my eyes)  Before I reach him, he throws something across the room and says, "That toothpaste is GROSS!"

At that same moment, I hear an almost-inaudible, "oh, my."

I look to see what my husband's elderly aunt was looking at with horror:  Sitting at the base of the uncle's feet was the tube of 'toothpaste' my son had thrown....expecting to read Colgate, or Crest, I see the one word that made me share the feelings of horror:

MONISTAT. 

My therapist started charging me double soon after this...




2 comments:

David and Bethany said...

Do you make these things up? Or are you serious? Because if that's not NUMBER 1, I can't imagine what is?!?!?!?! :)

Anonymous said...

I think that I am going a million miles an hour...if I ever slowed down, I think that I would catch things before they exploded...or fall...or fall off.