Tuesday, May 13, 2008

You never know how a simple comment will change a life...

You know, to be totally honest, I am not the most confident person.  In fact, I would have to say that is my biggest struggle in life... that being said, typically when someone gives me a compliment, I just don't believe it.  Hardly ever.  BUT, today, I had a moment!  It was HUGE for me...such a  moment in fact, that I can't sleep because I am so excited that someone expressed such confidence in me.  Me!  

So here is what went down.  I was talking to Trey at the office and I was having a completely honest conversation of what I wanted with this job and church.  Typically, I would never say what I dream and aspire to be...only because I fear that people will look at me like I am stupid for even thinking that I could be anything besides an assistant.  But I told him one of the goals that I had for myself...and he looked at me and said that I was cutting myself short--I have more potential!  It is exciting to even type those words... Trey is my boss, and I have a massive amount of respect for him and what he stands for in his faith, work ethic, his honesty  and his love for his family.  So for him to say those words to me, really is making me take another look at myself.  

You see, I have these desires that are deep in my soul of how I truly want to serve God.  But I just thought they were dreams, wistful thinking.   There are days that I feel confident that I have specific spiritual gifts that I need to use to serve Him...but then I allow my lack of self esteem to overpower my hints of potential.  And I keep them a secret...In fact, I don't think that I have ever even shared what I think my spiritual gifts are with anyone!  Not even my family.  But now...maybe I should reconsider.  Maybe I can do more that I thought was a "reasonable" goal for myself.  Maybe, I need to drop this dead-weight of worthlessness and allow myself to run for God.  Maybe...

So, now that I have blabbered on and on... you just never know how a simple comment will change someone's life!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just have to say you're AWESOME! Believe it...because it's true. AND I think you could accomplish anything! REALLY.

Sandi said...

All the Walkers love you sweet friend!!!!