Sunday, May 25, 2008

a different perspective...


Let me recant my mother's day 2008.  Worked at church, went to my inlaws to make lunch...jumped in the pool to save Jimmy (while still in my church clothes), went home to change, came back, 30 minutes later took Jimmy to the ER for stitches after he tripped over a scooter...

The cool thing is that my mother-in-law snapped a picture of me holding Jimmy in the ER, and I am so proud of this picture!  I am proud because how often do we ever get to see ourselves just simply loving on our children during non-happy moments?  We all have posed pictures, and candid snapshots of us hugging or smiling with our kids...but this one is shows me loving my precious Jimmy when he needed it.  And that is what makes me honored to be a mother.  So Happy Mother's Day to me... best gift ever.

(...and if anyone is wondering why it took me so long to post this after Mother's Day...I was slightly traumatized!   Have you ever seen someone get stitches?!?  Needless to say I will not be posting those pictures because I doubt my insurance will cover your claims after you pass out and need stitches too!)

1 comment:

Eric and April Colquett said...

I too was traumatized by seeing my child get stitches. I had haunting images for like a week! I can sympathize with you on this girl! - April