Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What Jesus Does for Me...

...He takes the shattered pieces of my life and makes a beautiful mosaic with His grace.
...He turns my cries of pain into tears of joy.
...He turns the water of numbness in my heart to the wine of His love.
...He takes burdens that are crushing my soul and carries them for me.
...He parted the Red Sea in my life when I had no where else to turn.
...He promises me not only will my boys be okay--they will soar with the eagles.
...He gives me hope when the world says I have none.
...He makes a tomorrow for me when I thought I could not make it another day.
...He pulled me up when I was drowning.
...He allows me to walk on water with Him through my storms of life.
...He saved me from the grips of eternal death and gives me the promise of eternal life.
...He took my empty cup of loneliness and sadness and makes it overflow with joy and laughter.
...He took my feelings of worthlessness and called me His daughter.
...He tells me I can stop seeking, because He has already found me.
...He shuts the mouth to the Lion of Depression. I know it is there, but I also I know it will not devour me.
...He breathed laughter into my Noah....and I am so thankful.
...He shields my children from the flaming arrows of hurt and rejection.
...He carefully put us into a family that embraces us.
...He lets me stand in the wide open spaces of His grace when I am suffocating in my box of selfishness.
...He heals me...not in a way the the world would say is healed, but so much better.
...He takes my breath away with His kindness when I could not breath because of sadness.
...He forgives me when I should not be forgiven.
...He builds beauty from the ashes left from the fires of my sins.
...He is the Light in my darkness.
...He gives me purpose in everything.
...He gives me everything that I do not deserve.
...He does not give me what I do deserve.
...He said, "Take me instead."

THIS is what Jesus does for me.



2 comments:

Grana said...

Beautiful beyond words! Love you...

SJonesG said...

Hi, you dont know me.. I found your blog by accident but wanted to let you know that I loved this post! I dont know if it's something you wrote or a beautiful writing you have passed on but I loved it! God Bless!